Pages

9.26.2012

Z is for...

{The LAST in the abc's series!  Click here, then scroll down to read previous posts!}

ZINC!

zinc Pronunciation (zngk)
n. Symbol Zn
A bluish-white, lustrous metallic element that is brittle at room temperature but malleable with heating. It is used to form a wide variety of alloys including brass, bronze, various solders, and nickel silver, in galvanizing iron and other metals, for electric fuses, anodes, and meter cases, and in roofing, gutters, and various household objects. Atomic number 30; atomic weight 65.39; melting point 419.4°C; boiling point 907°C; specific gravity 7.133 (25°C); valence 2. See Table at element.
tr.v. zinced or zincked, zinc·ing or zinck·ing, zincs or zincks
To coat or treat with zinc; galvanize.
 
One of my favorite metals of all time!  I love the look of it, and think it works well with many styles.  If it's galvanized, I probably own it; I have such a penchant for it!

A new arrival, a stackable storage unit!  Great in a bathroom for cotton balls, or on the kitchen counter for candies!  

This is probably my favorite piece in the shop right now!  I wanted these for Maggie's wedding, but they never came in til yesterday!  I can see this on a kitchen table filled with seasonal fruits and nuts and greens!  Be still my heart!

The giant galvanized finial!  I actually think this makes a great tree topper...when it's not in the garden! 


And finally, a galvanized ladder style bookshelf.  Perfect for adding a little height and interest in that unfinished corner of a small room. (Right, Maggie?!) 

And so, this concludes the abc's of pepperberry's blog series! I hope you enjoyed gaining a little insight into all that pepperberry's is from A to Z!  For me, it was an exercise in discipline, and I hope to keep blogging on a regular basis now that I'm in the groove again. Thank you for all your kind words, support and encouragement. Without it, I'd probably still be on the letter C!   

Please let me know if there is anything you would like me to write about or expand upon. It's a little easier when I don't have to come up with the subject on my own! 

Also, I wouldn't mind hearing what your favorite post was! {Even if it was before the abc's series!} Either leave a comment, or drop me an email, or tell me the next time you're in! 

Thanks for reading and see you back here soon!



1 comment:

  1. Loved the abc's blog series! How about decorating tips for the upcoming season/holiday? Just a thought some of us need a little help in that area :)

    ReplyDelete