Pages

9.15.2012

U is for...

{Part 21 in the abc's series. Click here, then scroll down to read previous posts!}

UPCYCLE!

 Creating something new from what others might discard has been around for a long time. The only new trend is what people are currently calling it. Whether you reuse, upcycle or repurpose - it's all the same thing. Clever, resourceful thinking, and I love it!

My newest aquisition!  An ice cream freezer that is now our display fixture for the magnetic letters...until I need it to serve ice cream...not at pberry's, at home!

This piece has been around for a while and it's one of my favorites!  It's a dead roller that was used in factories to roll items off the assembly line.  To me, it's a sofa table.



You can have a piece of glass cut to fit the top, but I like it just the way it is.  I'm not sure you can see the bottom, but you could put a piece of wood or metal across the supports that go front to back and make a shelf!  We used one of the picnic benches last holiday season to create the extra display area we needed!

And then there are our window treatments.  The center fabric is a grain sack from France, and the side fabric is one from Hungary {I couldn't afford to use all from France!}.  The faucet knobs are now used as fringe, and the rods are old wooden fabric bolts!  I just love how these came together. 
 
There are so many examples of repurposed / upcycled *stuff* in here, mostly in our display pieces, but don't think for a minute that I wouldn't use them at home as an accent piece! I hope this trend lasts a long time!
 

to be continued... 



No comments:

Post a Comment